The biggest annoyance for any internet user is when there is any disturbance in the internet connection. If you are using Comcast services and facing Wi-Fi connection outage, then follow this blog post to get rid of the problem.
Are you facing issues while accessing the internet on Comcast XFINITY? If yes, then you will have to restart TiVo Mini because that’s the first line of the troubleshooting process.
In case, the internet doesn’t work after restarting the modem, then you can try below-mentioned solutions to restore the internet connectivity on your device.
Connecting to the internet
In order to connect to the internet, you need to create a Wi-Fi name and password. You can’t access the internet without creating above-mentioned things. In case, you are seeing no internet connectivity, then you need to try below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to restore the connection:
- If you have activated your new device for the first time along with the service, then you will have to activate the wireless gateway first.
- Try opening a few websites to make sure that the connection issue is not confined to any particular website. Also, make sure that you are using Comcast supported modems.
- If none of the websites can be connected to the internet, then you will have to make a wireless gateway or wired connections for the modem is secure, which also includes a power
- If there is any outstanding balance that you have forgot to pay, then such issues could arise. So, you need to check that your account is up-to-date and all pending payments are clear.
- If you have tried all troubleshooting steps, and yet facing the problem, then you need to unplug the wireless gateway or modem, wait for a while and then, turn the modem back on. Don’t know what it is? Well, it is called power-cycling and it can fix most connection problems. In case, you are having a wireless gateway, then you restart it using a remote access, i.e., by logging into your XFINITY My Account app. After signing into your account, tap ‘internet’ followed by ‘restart device’ option.
Connecting devices to Wi-Fi
If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps, but the problem still persists, then there could be more than more issue that you will be dealing. If there is no internet connectivity in your devices, then it could be due to below-mentioned reasons:
- You must have forgotten your Wi-Fi network name or password. If you have a wireless gateway, then you can retrieve both, Wi-Fi username and password by going to XFINITY My Account App.
- If you can’t connect your devices to the network, then you need to make sure whether you are able to connect to the network broadcast by making use of the wireless gateway that you having. You can know more about it by getting in touch with Comcast tech support.
- The internet connectivity problem could also be because you have setup a gaming console or smart TV, which can’t be connected to the internet.
- The problem could also arise if you set up a new, stand-alone Wi-Fi router that can’t be connected to the internet. You will have to get in touch with Comcast technical support 24 7 to get rid of the problem.
- You can also face the problem if you aren’t seeing your Wi-Fi network’s name on the list of available networks. You need to make sure that your network is working properly because if it is not, then you can face such issues. Also, check whether you are using one of the Comcast supported routers or not.
These are all the possible reasons why your internet connectivity could get disrupted. You can get in touch with Comcast chat support to fix these issues because only expert professionals can help you in these situations.