If you are one of the Kindle owners, then keep updating your Kindle version is an important aspect. Here are the facile steps to update your Kindle version easily.
How is it going with your Kindle version? Since a long time, the Amazon’s prime Kindle tablet has marked its supreme position in all the reading tablets category in the market. Well, there is no doubt that you must have been doing well with your Kindle version. But, keeping the Kindle updated is one of the prime aspects which many of the users forget to do or just face difficult in the updating process. That’s why we are here with the facile steps to update any Kindle version easily.
1) Checking out the software version- The first thing you need to do is to check out the software version of your Kindle version. To check, just head to the Home menu and click the Menu icon- Settings- Menu and then Device Info. After tapping on all these options, you will directly get the version of your Kindle version easily.
2) Automatically update- After the Kindle device gets linked to the Wi-Fi, the device automatically gets updated without any involvement of the user.
3) Manually Update- Apart from the automatic update, you can also head for the manual update. For a manual update, just head to the Home menu, then to the Menu icon- Settings- Menu (one more time)- Update your Kindle and then OK. After tapping on all the option to start the update, you will witness a message on your Kindle screen “Your Kindle is Updating.” After the completion of the update, the device easily restarted automatically.
4) Updating by using Mac or PC- If you got PC or Mac on your side, then here are the steps to update your Kindle with them.
- Firstly, head to the Fire and Kindle Software Updates page. Then, just find out your Kindle version, tap on it and then head to download the update available on the page.
- Now, you will require to link your Kindle device to the PC with the use of a USB cable, then head on to drag and drop the previously mentioned update file on the Kindle drive. After dropping the file, you will require putting the file in the root directory, apart from the other folder on the drive.
- Once the transfer gets completed, head on to delink the device from the PC. Now, just head on to the Home screen of your Kindle device, then click the Menu icon- Settings- Menu icon- Update your Kindle and then OK. After tapping on all the options, you will witness a message “Your Kindle is Updating,” and then the device should get a restart and also apply the latest update. In the case of any difficulty, just head to Kindle help for better assistance.
5) Fixing the Kindle update-
Bug: There is an error message or the option of the “Update Your Kindle” gets disabled.
When you go for the option of updating the Kindle manually, or after the moving of the update file, if the Update option gets disabled, or if there is an error message after clicking on Update. Here are the solutions.
- It can be a situation, where your device has got the updated software version. Head on to check the firmware and software version of the device to ensure whether the device has the updated OS version or running on the previous version.
- There can also be a situation where the update file put at some other location on the drive of the Kindle device, or there could be an issue with the transferring of the file. You can ensure about the root directory of the file by just linking the Kindle Fire or Fire HD to the computer. If you find it at the wrong place, just remove it and placed at the right location.
Bug: Update failure
There are instances when you kick start the update process and get the failure before the completion of installation. Get these solutions to fix out the bug.
- The reason behind the problem is caused basically due to the renaming of the update file in a wrong manner, or there could be the same number of update files existing. Head on to remove all the update files from the computer. Now, again go for the installation process and be careful regarding the renaming of the update file. Well, according to the Amazon Device support, there could be “no trailing spaces or characters,” like the (1), after the name of the file”.
Still, if you get any update query, just navigate to kindle com support for expert assistance and solutions.